Download materials for art v1_17_07 and dependencies
- Art suite release v1_17_07 notes.
- The source for packages obtained from the FNAL Redmine repository
(cpp0x, cetlib, fhicl-cpp,
messagefacility, art, etc.)
are downloaded on-demand from the repository by buildFW. For details
on obtaining tagged sources for these packages independently, please
documentation for git_archive.cgi.
- Although SL7 is not yet officially supported, a build is available.
- Although Ubuntu is not officially supported, we are making builds available on a best effort basis.
- OSX El Capitan is not supported at this time.
- Supported Platforms
- mu v1_17_07 distribution
- To check available distributions, use getManifestList:
getManifestList [bundle name] [bundle version]
Download scripts for binary distributions.
- Will pull all products listed in the bundle manifest.
- This script will first check to see if a package is installed and will download the product only if not installed.
- Supported bundle list
- Download the script.
- chmod +x pullProducts
- Scientific Linux 5.x:
./pullProducts <product-directory> slf5 art-v1_17_07 e9 <prof|debug>
- Scientific Linux 6.x:
./pullProducts <product-directory> slf6 art-v1_17_07 e9 <prof|debug>
- Scientific Linux 7.x:
./pullProducts <product-directory> slf7 art-v1_17_07 e9 <prof|debug>
- Ubuntu 14:
./pullProducts <product-directory> u14 art-v1_17_07 e9 <prof|debug>
./pullProducts <product-directory> d13 art-v1_17_07 e9 <prof|debug>
./pullProducts <product-directory> d14 art-v1_17_07 e9 <prof|debug>
- See About Qualifiers for qualifier descriptions.
- We recommend downloading the prebuilt binaries whenever possible.
The following products are part of the art suite:
cetbuildtools v4_14_02 v4_15_01 v4_16_00 v4_17_00 v4_17_01 v4_17_02 v4_17_03 v4_18_01 v4_18_02
cpp0x v1_04_13 e9
cetlib v1_15_04 e9
fhiclcpp v3_12_09 e9
messagefacility v1_16_22 e9
art v1_17_07 e9[:nu]
The following products are part of the basic art bundle
boost v1_57_0a e9
clhep v2_2_0_8 e9
cppunit v1_12_1c e9
fftw v3_3_4 e9
gccxml v0_9_20150423 e9
libxml2 v2_9_2 e9
tbb v4_4_0 e9
root v5_34_32 e9
Building from Source
NOTE: We recommend building from source only if you cannot use the prebuilt binaries.
- Will examine the system for the presence of known OS-level
prerequisites (on RedHat derivatives, these will be RPMs) and list
any deficiencies with remediation instructions. The script does not
require admin privilege to run, but it is likely that any
- Will pull and expand source code tarballs preparatory to a build.
- This is the same script used to pull the binary distributions.
- Build all packages from source (as downloaded using the script
above). Will obtain other source (cpp0x, art, etc.)
direct from the FNAL Redmine repository as required.
- pullProducts downloads buildFW for you
Usage: buildFW [-h]
buildFW <options> <product_topdir> <build-spec> <bundle-spec>
-b Specify basequal (REQUIRED: no default).
-f Force already-built packages to be rebuilt.
-h This help.
-s Specify version set for those packages requiring it
-t Make package tarfiles.
-U Force packaged version of UPS to be built and/or made current.
product_topdir Top directory for relocatable-UPS products area.
build-spec debug, opt or prof.
bundle-spec Bundle name and version, e.g., art-v1_17_07